Monday, April 8, 2024

The good news

I want to write something happy, but these are the darkest of days
There is good news I suppose, but who can say who will live to see it
There's a guest list and a man at the gate
Wake up
Sleep not as do others
The voice of one calling in the wilderness, "prepare the way for the Lord"
Sing us a new song
Happiness is hard to come by
But I have my heart set steadfastly on the peace beyond all comprehension
My horse, named Constance, puts one foot in front of the other
I have a great treasure stored up in heaven, a smiling daughter of pure spirit with rainbows in her hair and an ocean in her tummy, whales spray puffs of mist out of their blowholes
Will what I have built survive the test of fire?
I built with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay and straw. My workmanship will be evident because the day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work.
What have you built with your time here?

No comments:

Post a Comment